21 January 2007

HCRI Roanoke Area Practice Group

I attended the intensive Hollins Fluency System (HFS) course in April of 2006 to improve the fluency of my speech, and the results have absolutely changed my outlook on life! In the two weeks span before attending HCRI and finishing the course, I went from uncomfortable in nearly every speaking situation to being confident and fluent in every situation. I am happy to say that I have relasped very little since, including increasing my speaking situations enormously in public speaking engagements and numerous 'cold' phone calls for building our business (Applied University Research, Inc.).

Many mutual thanks go to the attendees of the Hollins Communications Research Institute (HCRI) Roanoke Area Practice Group that met Saturday, January 20 at HCRI. This was the first Roanoke practice group that has convened since my attendance of the course, and it was a great experience to share thoughts and sharpen 'targets' with fellow HCRI'ers. Through only three HCRI functions (the HFS, the 2006 phonathon, and this practice group meeting), I have met some of the most-remarkable people in all walks of life. I am amazed about the number of shared perceptions and experiences that we all have; its like instantly meeting friends you never knew you had!

I would certainly recommend the HFS to anyone serious about improving their fluency and reducing the amount they stutter. The system addresses the root causes of stuttering--the biomechanics of speaking, not the psychological issues that may accompany disfluency. By doing this, you are given actual tools for improving your fluency--you can control it! If you have specific questions about attending the system, you may contact me directly. Otherwise, feel free to visit the HCRI website and contact the fine professionals there.

No comments: